Welcome to the DISD Military Families Support page.
DISD is committed to providing a welcoming environment for our children of military families.
The Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunities for Military Children entitles children of military families to flexibility regarding certain district and state requirements, including:
- Immunization requirements
- Grade level, course, or educational program placement;
- Eligibility requirements for participation in extracurricular activities
- Enrollment in the Texas Virtual School Network (TXVSN); and
- Graduation requirements
The district will excuse absences related to a student visiting a parent, including a stepparent or legal guardian, who is:
- Called to active duty,
- On leave, or
- Returning from a deployment of at least four months.
The district will permit no more than five excused absences per year for this purpose. For the absence to be excused, the absence must occur no earlier than the 60th day before deployment or no later than the 30th day after the parent’s return from deployment.
Please click HERE to access the TEA Military Family Resources page.
For additional assistance, please contact: Robert Cobb | 281-229-6100