Skip Navigation


Dominique Ameigh, Benefits/Risk Management Coordinator
Click here to email Dominique

Morgan Ester, Benefits Specialist
Click here to email Morgan

LaShaunna Smith, HR Generalist

Click here to email LaShaunna


Welcome to the Dickinson ISD Benefits Homepage. This is a one-stop shop to find information on Dickinson ISD's benefits and upcoming events. If you ever have any questions, please feel free to reach out to our team.


EAP INFORMATION: The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available to all employees at no cost. Mutual of Omaha can be reached at 1-800-316-2796, 24/7 or Please don't hesitate to use the EAP program to develop a plan and identify resources to meet your individual needs.  Employees are eligible to receive six sessions per year (per issue, per family member) conducted by either face-to-face counseling or video telehealth via a secure, HIPAA compliant portal. 


Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) will remain the medical plan carrier for the 2023-2024 school year. For more information regarding medical coverages, verifying your current doctors and/or specialists please visit  You may also call and speak to a Blue Cross Blue Shield Personal Health Guide at 1-866-355-5999 for assistance. 

We will have a new prescription provider for the 2023-2024 plan year, Express Scripts. Everyone enrolled in medical coverage will be receiving a new prescription ID card and will need to update the information with their selected pharmacy. You can visit the Express Scripts website or download their app to be able to access your digital ID and view plan information.

If you are a new enrollee or made changes during Open Enrollment, new ID cards will be mailed out in October.  To receive a copy of your card immediately, you can use the BCBS website, BCBSTX App, or a Personal Health Guide can email you directly at the email address of your choice. You can request a new medical card be sent to you via mail, if you have lost or misplaced your current one via the BCBS website or a Personal Health Guide.


Click below for Benefits Overview, Active Care Plan Highlights, and Active Care Changes for the previous plan year, September 1, 2022 - August 31, 2023.

Benefit Guide
TRS 2022 Active Care
TRS Active Care Highlights

Click below for Benefits Overview, Active Care Plan Highlights, and Active Care Changes for the current plan year September 1, 2023 - August 31, 2024.

Benefit Guide

Start planning for retirement today! Most people don't plan to fail, they fail to plan! 

For questions regarding a 403b and 457 Retirement Plan, please contact TCG Administrators directly at 1-800-943-9179 anytime during the year. You may also schedule a one-on-one virtual appointment with Louis Perez, Retirement Plan Specialist assigned to our district at

It's never too soon or too late to start saving!  Prepare to plan, not plan to prepare for your future.

***Substitutes can also call TCG for 457 FICA Alternative Plan information. TCG is able to answer questions regarding the CARES Act provisions passed by Congress to positively impact retirement plan participants. Additional information about 403b vendors fees, products, surrender periods and other details can be found by clicking the following link. Please note this site does not include all vendors but does include a majority.

Benefits for the 2023-2024 school year will be effective September 1, 2023 through August 31, 2024. Please see below tabs for more information and click the link above to the Benefits HUB to view all coverages.

The 2023-2024 Open Enrollment period for all benefits (medical, vision, etc.) will be from July 18, 2023-August 17, 2023 for the 2023-2024 school year. All changes made during this time period will be effective September 01, 2023.  However, benefit enrollment is available to new hires or employees throughout the school year with a family status change/qualifying life event.  You must notify Human Resources 31 days from the qualifying life event.  Please click the New Hires or Qualifying Life Events tab for more information. 

Medical benefits are provided by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas.  If you did not receive your medical card or have lost your card, please call the number listed below to have one mailed to you within 7 - 10 business days or have a temporary card emailed to you.  A Blue Cross Blue Shield Personal Health Guide can be reached at 1-866-355-5999 and can also assist in verifying coverage for you or your provider. You can also access your digital ID card through the Blue Access for Members Portal (BAM) 
Vision benefits are provided by VSP. Click here to login to VSP benefits or call 1-800-877-7195.  There is no card issued for this vision plan. You or your provider can call the number listed to verify coverage.
Dental benefits are provided by Cigna. If you did not receive a card or have lost your card, please call the number listed to have one mailed to you within 7 - 10 business days.  Click here to login to Cigna. or call 1-800-244-6224. You can also download the MyCigna app in the Apple App or Google Play Store to view your digital ID card.
New hires have 31 days to enroll in benefit services from date of hire.  If the employee does not elect benefits within the 31 days, he or she must wait until open enrollment or a family status change or qualifying life event, such as a marriage, divorce or birth/adoption of a child. Please click the Qualifying Life Event tab for more information. New hires are not eligible to participate in the Gators Helping Gators program, until after one year of service. Please see the Gators Helping Gators guidelines for eligibility questions.
The Consolidated Omnibus Reconciliation Act (COBRA) entitles all covered participants to continue their health coverage for up to 18 months after terminating employment with the district.  This option requires the employee, or the employee's dependents, to pay both the employee's and the district contribution for group premiums.  For questions regarding COBRA Continuation of Coverage (Medical Only), please call 1-833-682-8972.

The Family Medical Leave Act is an unpaid leave regulated by the U. S. Department of Labor.  Employees are eligible to take FML if they have worked for their employer for at least 12 months and have worked for at least 1,250 hours over the previous 12 months.  If you qualify for FML, you may take up to 12 work weeks (60 days) of leave.  Please see Employee Handbook for more information and qualifying reasons.  You may also contact Dominique Ameigh, Benefits/Risk Management Coordinator at 281-229-6050 for questions regarding family medical leave.

Temporary Disability Leave is an unpaid leave regulated by the Board of Education.  All active full-time employees needing leave because of their own serious health conditions are eligible for TDL.  Leave needed for a family member with a serious health condition is not eligible for TDL.  SBEC certified employees are eligible for up to 180 calendar days of TDL, and non-certified/auxiliary employees up to 60 calendar days.  Please see Employee Handbook for more information.  You may also contact Dominique Ameigh, Benefits/Risk Management Coordinator at 281-229-6050 for questions regarding temporary disability leave.

Employees injured on the job must report such injuries to their employer by notifying the campus nurse or his/her supervisor immediately or within 30 days of the date they were injured or first knew their injury/illness might be work-related and complete the required documentation. The supervisor or designee must complete the Accident Investigation Report with as much information as available to help determine what action/prevention measures should be taken. This information should then be forwarded to Human Resources the same day of the accident or as soon as the incident is reported. Regardless if the employee seeks medical treatment or not a report must be completed and sent to HR.  If medical treatment is needed, the employee or supervisor must notify HR and may go to one of the approved clinics.  The employee may also go to the doctor of their choice, as long as the doctor accepts workers' compensation claims and is willing to file any necessary forms.  The District's workers' compensation insurance is with Claims Administrative Services and they can be reached at 1-800-765-2412 or  You may also contact Dominique Ameigh, Benefits/Risk Management Coordinator or Morgan Ester, Benefits Specialist for questions regarding workers compensation.

An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is an employee benefit program offered to help employees manage personal and professional problems that might adversely impact their work performance, health, and well-being.  Employee Assistance Programs generally include short-term counseling and referral services for employees and their household members.  Mutual of Omaha can be reached by calling 1-800-316-2796 , 24/7 or at Mutual of Omaha is made available to you by the District.  There is no charge to you for using Mutual of Omaha EAP services.  Employees are eligible to receive six sessions per year (per issue, per family member) conducted by either face-to-face counseling or video telehealth via a secure, HIPAA compliant portal.

The purpose of the Gators Helping Gators program is to aid employees who experience a catastrophic medical condition for themselves or for an immediate family member and who have insufficient leave to meet those circumstances extending beyond five consecutive work days.  Employees must be employed for a minimum of one calendar year and exhaust all available leave before utilizing the program.  Please visit the Gators Helping Gators guidelines located in the Benefits HUB. 

The IRS 2023 Maximum Allowable Contribution (MAC) limits for 403b and 457 plans are listed below.  The elective deferral limit for 403b/457 plans is $23,000.  Employees age 50 and over are entitled to contribute an additional $7,500 to their 403b/457 plans thereby increasing the elective deferral limit to $30,500. Contact a TCG Retirement Specialist today at 1-800-943-9179 for more information regarding these additional retirement benefit plans.

For information regarding (TRS) Teacher Retirement System of Texas please call 1-800-223-8778.  A TRS representative is available to assist regarding your retirement eligibility, account balance and beneficiary changes. Please update your TRS beneficiary information separately from the District's information as they are separate entities.  You can also visit their website to create and/or access your MyTRS account at  If you are considering retirement, contact TRS directly to discuss the retirement process. If needed you can schedule a virtual or in-person appointment with a TRS Benefits Counselor to review your retirement estimate and guide you through the paperwork. Please click the following link to view a general example timeline of the TRS retirement process. TRS Planning For Retirement Guide

Changes in benefit elections can occur during the school year only if you experience a qualifying life event.  You must provide proof a qualifying life event to us within 30 days of the qualifying event. For directions on how to complete the  Qualifying Life Event Request HERE. Please contact Morgan Ester, Benefits Specialist for more information at 281-229-6073 or

Marital Status includes marriage, death of a spouse, divorce or annulment.
Change in Number of Tax Dependents due to a birth, adoption or when a dependent gains eligibility as a result of a valid change in status/event. 
Change in Status of Employment Affecting Coverage Eligibility for employee, spouse or dependent of the employee, that affects individuals eligibility under an employer's plan includes commencement or termination of employment.
Gain/Loss of Dependents' Eligibility Status an event that causes an employee's dependent to satisfy or cease to satisfy coverage requirements under an employer's plan may include change in age, student, marital, employment or tax dependent status.
Judgement/Decree/Order from a divorce, annulment or change in legal custody that requires you to provide accident or health coverage for your dependent child.
Eligibility for Government Programs such as a gain/loss of Medicare/Medicaid may trigger a permitted election change.

Press ENTER key to focus on the active panel

Copyright © 2021 - Dickinson Independent School District

powered by ezTaskTitanium TM