I realize that to be the most effective advocate for children we, as a board, must function as a team. To this end, I pledge to adhere to the principles listed below. Should I, for whatever reason, fail to follow these guidelines, I ask my fellow board members to call it to my attention. When that happens, I pledge to accept the feedback in a constructive manner without anger or
finger pointing, and to renew my efforts to follow this code of conduct.
1. I will deal with issues and not personalities.
2. I will respect the views of other board members
3. I reserve the right to disagree, but I will not be disagreeable. Nor will I harbor grudges against other board members from past issues or events.
4. I will treat other board members and school employees in a professional manner.
5. I will fully discuss and share information on board issues and will not blindside the administration or the board.
6. I will respect the confidentiality of executive sessions and any privileged information shared with me by a board member or the superintendent.
7. I will seek to inform and include all board members in my discussion of issues.
8. I will always hold the interests of students above those of individuals or special interest groups.
9. I will not seek to align a majority vote of board members on an issue outside the regular board meeting.
http://schools.dickinsonisd.org/page/10. I will seek to continually improve my knowledge, skills and abilities as a board member.
11. When I learn of an error I have made, I will report the error to the board.
12. I will attend and be prepared for all board meetings.
Adopted December 1999
Revised June 2000