Government Agencies
Find programs you or your child qualifies for by reviewing this DADS Website
  • Centers for Independent Living: TXCIL
    • Houston Center for Independent Living :  HCIL
  • Gulf Coaster Center (Galveston) : Gulf Coast Center
  • Social Security (Benefits for Individuals with Disabilities): SSA 
                2015 earned income exclusion explanation: 
                2015 Social Security Benefits for Children brochure: Link
  • Texas Autism Research and Resource Center: TARRC
  • Texas Council for Developmental Disabilities: TCDD 
  • Texas Department of Aging and Disability: DADS
  • Texas Workforce Commission's Vocational Rehabilitative Services (formally known as DARS)VR
    • VR of TWC provides support for people with disabilities in obtaining and maintaining employment (age 14 and up). To contact call (281) 333-7988
  • Texas Department of Family and Protective Services: DFPS 
  • Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs: TDHCA 
  • Texas Department of State Health Services: DSHS 
    • Texas Medicaid Provider Finder: TMHP
  • Texas Health and Human Services Commission: HHSC 
                Learn about HHSC programs: Link
                Apply for HHSC benefits (SNAP/food stamps, Medicaid, CHIP, TANF): Link
  • The Governor's Committee on People with Disabilities: The Governor's Committee 
    • Houston-Galveston Area Council of Governments HGAC
  • U.S. Department of Education Services (Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services): DOE 

Copyright © 2021 - Dickinson Independent School District

powered by ezTaskTitanium TM