Home | Sitemap | Contact Us | Translate
The mission of Dickinson ISD is to ensure all students have safe and successful learning opportunities that help them reach their full potential and add quality throughout their lives. To guide us in further enhancing our safety and security efforts, Dickinson ISD is implementing a comprehensive Safety and Security Committee, and we are requesting assistance from parents, students, district employees and community representatives.
• Parents (2 – elementary, 2 – middle school, 2 – junior high, 3 – high school)
• One law enforcement representative from each (Galveston County Sheriff’s Department, Dickinson Police Department, Texas City Police Department and League
City Police Department
• Teachers ( 1 – elementary, 1 – middle school, 1 – junior high, 2 – high school)
• Students ( 3 - 11th or 12th grade)
• Faith-based leaders (2)
• Mental health representative
• Principals ( 1 - elementary, 1 - middle school, 1 - junior high, 1 - high school)
• Facilities Task Force Representative (1)
• President of School Board and one Board Member
• DISD Support Staff (Superintendent, Deputy Superintendent for Business and Operations, Deputy Superintendent for Education Services, Assistant Superintendent for
Administration and Executive Director of Technology)
• Evaluate DISD safety and security needs
• Review current research and the Governor’s School Safety Action Plan
• Make recommendations related to safety and security to the Board of Trustees
Our goal for this committee is to work collaboratively, reach consensus, and make recommendations in order to enhance safety efforts at every facility. The Safety and Security committee will be different from other district committees due to the sensitive nature of the district’s emergency response and planning. Committee members will be expected to keep discussions within the scope of the committee until information has been shared with the Board of Trustees. Members not adhering to this expectation will be dismissed from the committee. DISD will work to remain as transparent as possible without jeopardizing the security measures currently in place as well as those being considered for the future.
If you are interested in serving on the committee, a link is provided on the DISD website (www.dickinsonisd.org) to submit the requested information. Parents will be selected at random, so please understand that not everyone who applies will be selected to serve on the committee; however, you will be able to provide feedback as we post information from the committee on our district website. All parent requests to participate on this committee must be received by Friday, August 10. Parents will be selected and notified by the district, and the first meeting of the Safety and Security Committee will be Tuesday, August 28 at 6:00 p.m. Your cooperation and support is greatly appreciated!
Dickinson Independent School District
2218 FM 517 East | Dickinson, TX 77539
Inclusive of all, Dickinson ISD will cultivate excellence, producing confident, collaborative, goal-driven learners who become empowered citizens in a global society.
Dickinson ISD will equip and empower all learners with skills and experiences to achieve academic excellence and make meaningful contributions to our world.
Copyright © 2021 - Dickinson Independent School District
powered by ezTaskTitanium TM