Home | Sitemap | Contact Us | Translate
Join us Tuesday, February 6, 2018 for a STEM Academy Information Meeting at 5:30 p.m. at the Barber Middle School cafeteria (5651 FM 517 East). You will learn about the minimum requirements for the STEM Academy, the application process, and what students can expect who participate in the STEM Academy.
What is the STEM Academy?
The Barber STEM Academy will focus on Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. STEM Academy students will receive a rigorous, well-rounded education with an inquiry-based instructional approach. Early engineering experiences will be integrated across the curriculum; technology use and training will be infused in all core courses.
Who can attend the STEM Academy?
• Students in DISD entering 5th grade during the 2018-2019 school year
• Students who have met the minimum standards for participation in the STEM Academy (only applications demonstrating the minimum standards below will be reviewed)
• Passed the 3rd grade STAAR assessment in Reading in Math
• 4th grade semester average of 85 or higher in each of the four core subjects: Math, Science, Reading and Social Studies
• Attendance rate of 97% or higher in current school year
• No out-of-school suspensions in current school year
• Students from any DISD attendance zone
• Students with a passion for science, technology, engineering
Get In Touch
Copyright © 2016 - Dickinson Independent School District
powered by ezTaskTitanium TM