Home | Sitemap | Contact Us | Translate
Classroom dress code and conduct rules shall be followed. Students wearing gym clothes will not be allowed to ride the bus. Shoes must be worn while riding the bus.
1. Remain seated while the bus is moving.
2. Do not change seats.
3. A student shall not refuse to sit in an assigned seat or deny another a place to sit.
4. Each student will remain seated for the duration of the trip.
5. Students must remain quiet at railroad crossing.
6. Normal conversation is permitted; avoid loud noises that may distract the driver and create an unsafe condition.
7. Scuffling, fighting and the use of obscene, vulgar or profane language and gestures are forbidden.
9. Do not throw objects inside or out of the bus.
http://schools.dickinsonisd.org/page/10. Do not litter, mark, cut or scratch any part of the bus.
11. The emergency door and exit controls should be used by pupils only during supervised drills or actual extreme emergency.
12. Students shall never attempt to operate the passenger door or other controls except in case of extreme emergency.
13. Students shall face forward for the duration of the trip, and shall keep their feet in front of them and out of the bus aisle.
14. Due to security purpose all outer wear such as coats, jackets, and sweaters must be worn at all times or placed in a secure location such as a bag or backpack. In addition no hoods from jackets, beanies, caps, etc. may be worn at any time while on the bus.
Parents or a designee must be at the bus stop to receive PK and K students. If no one is there to receive the student, the student will be returned to the campus. It is the responsibility of the parent to see that students who are returned to school are picked up. Any student returned three times a semester will have their riding privileges suspended until a conference with the parents and transportation representative is held and an agreement is made. If riding privileges are reinstated and the student is returned for the fourth time a 3 day suspension from the bus may be issued after a conference is held. If riding privileges are reinstated and the student is returned for the fifth time a 5 day suspension from the bus may be issued after a conference is held. If riding privileges are reinstated and the student is returned for the sixth time a 1 month suspension or suspension for the remainder of the semester may be issued after a conference is held.
Name(s) of persons eligible to receive student must be registered with the campus.
Students who participate in school-sponsored trips are required to use transportation provided by the school to and from the event. The principal, however, may make an exception if the parent makes a written request that the student be released to the parent or to another adult designated by the parent.
Educational field trips shall be provided when planned with a definite purpose and objective. Only school buses and principal approved staff-driven SUV-type automobiles may be used for transportation. A signed permission from the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of each student participating is required for each field trip. (Forms are available in each school office.) The school must have on file a signed Emergency Medical Information Form. Please complete this form yearly and keep information up-to-date. All chaperones must complete a Criminal History Check form at least two (2) weeks prior to the field trip. NO EXCEPTION S.
The school bus is an extension of the classroom and discipline will be administered by the Assistant Director or designee with assistance from the principal and the bus driver. All school board policies that apply to student conduct and other student-related activities apply to the school bus. The following procedures shall be followed when discipline concern arises on a bus serving a regular route or an extracurricular activity:
1. The driver shall attempt to correct the misbehavior of the passenger(s).
2. If the passenger refuses to comply with a reasonable request, the driver will report the incident to the Director or designee upon returning to the Transportation Department. The notification shall be made in writing on the School Bus Safety Report.
3. The Director or designee shall investigate the incident and notify the driver of the action taken.
4. The student will be given a copy of the report to take home for the parent's signature and return one copy to the driver.
5. A conference involving the Director or designee, the student(s), the driver and parent(s) may be necessary.
6. The Director may suspend the student's bus-riding privileges. If such a suspension occurs, the parent(s) or guardian and principal will be notified prior to the effective time of the suspension so that other transportation arrangements can be made by the parent.
7. In the case of serious misconduct that endangers the safety of other passengers or the driver, the student(s) will be removed from the bus by any school official or law enforcement assistance; the principal and parent(s) shall be notified of the situation as soon as possible.
8. Students in grades 5-12 who are involved in a fight and/or cited for a category IV offense(s) will be turned over to a campus administrator for discipline action as outlined in the Student Handbook for the respective campus.
Pursuant to Texas Education Code §26.009(b), schools can videotape students without parent permission for purposes of maintaining discipline. However, under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), the parent my only view the video if their child is the only student in the video. If the video reveals other students then that video cannot be viewed by any parent. The Texas Attorney General has addressed this issue and determined that videotapes made on school buses, on which the driver addresses some students by name and which “show the faces, bodies, and behavior of students of the district” are education records under FERPA and are exempted from disclosure. Texas Attorney General or 95-821 (1975)
Get In Touch
Copyright © 2016 - Dickinson Independent School District
powered by ezTaskTitanium TM